Discuss How to set radiator lockshield valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gjlatz

Hello all,

My central heating system is a Boilermate 2000 and the instructions say that the lockshield valves to be set to their minimum for optimum performance from the Boilermate.

Can someone please explain what this means and how I should go about doing setting them?

Many thanks

Gjlatz

Hello all,

My central heating system is a Boilermate 2000 and the instructions say that the lockshield valves to be set to their minimum for optimum performance from the Boilermate.

Can someone please explain what this means and how I should go about doing setting them?

Many thanks

Gjlatz

the idea of a lockshield is to stop the fluid circulation back to the boiler to fast or slow. The Idea is to get a 10 degree drop from flow to return using a digi thermometer...

but i just throttle them down until i can hear the flow being restricted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to set radiator lockshield valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock