Search the forum,

Discuss How to completely remove a radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,
So we have a rather oversized, poorly placed, radiator in the kitchen that we would like to fully remove. Any tips and advice would be gratefully appreciated please. Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20221009_172225.jpg
    20221009_172225.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221009_172233.jpg
    20221009_172233.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221009_172242.jpg
    20221009_172242.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 12
Simplest way would be to cap off the 2 pipes as close to the wall as possible , this would mean draining the system and rad enough to cut the pipes before capping . Kop

Simplest way would be to cap off the 2 pipes as close to the wall as possible , this would mean draining the system and rad enough to cut the pipes before capping . Kop
Thanks for the advice Kop. To avoid draining the whole system, wouldn't I be better off clamping the flexi pipes close to the wall? Also, what material would I need for capping the flexi pipes please? the pipe is 10mm. Thanks again

Reply to How to completely remove a radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator, the same size as the previous one (so pipes were in the right place). There is a gas fire in the room as well. Should this undersizing cause a problem...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock