Discuss How do i remove tap to get to cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simonegghead

need to replace cartridge in cold tap but cannot see how to access. no visible screws
or clips??!
edit

OK I'll try this when I get home and have a look for manufacturer mark. I did tentatively try pulling up the tap but water started to flow from the tap instead of the slow dripping !

You may have 'tamper proof' tap handles.
You need a tool that fits under the handle and un-screws the tap handle.

Hard to explain but that's probable what you need

try putting a shifter under heads and hitting up the way with hammer could be push on fit failing that with water isolated turn heads in a anti clockwise direction quite roughly and it may unscrew have seen this before usually more so with cheap imported taps all the best..brum

one of the cross bars unscrew revealing a hex grub screw or its a push fit.

i would try this first then get a crow bar under it as i would have given up by then and bought some new ones to the cost of the valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do i remove tap to get to cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of a kitchen tap which requires the housing around the cartridge to be removed. The housing is much more than hand-tight...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the...
Replies
Views
Back