Search the forum,

Discuss How do i remove tap to get to cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simonegghead

need to replace cartridge in cold tap but cannot see how to access. no visible screws
or clips??!
edit

OK I'll try this when I get home and have a look for manufacturer mark. I did tentatively try pulling up the tap but water started to flow from the tap instead of the slow dripping !

You may have 'tamper proof' tap handles.
You need a tool that fits under the handle and un-screws the tap handle.

Hard to explain but that's probable what you need

try putting a shifter under heads and hitting up the way with hammer could be push on fit failing that with water isolated turn heads in a anti clockwise direction quite roughly and it may unscrew have seen this before usually more so with cheap imported taps all the best..brum

one of the cross bars unscrew revealing a hex grub screw or its a push fit.

i would try this first then get a crow bar under it as i would have given up by then and bought some new ones to the cost of the valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do i remove tap to get to cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of a kitchen tap which requires the housing around the cartridge to be removed. The housing is much more than hand-tight and I was wondering if plumbers have experienced this type of tap and how the housing is removed without damaging it. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock