• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Hot Water tank filling too slowly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, looking for some advice about a hotter tank that is filling too slowly from the header. The tank drains when the shower is used. Do I need a bigger tan or can I fit something to stop the tank draining totally ? Thanks in advance . . . Taylor

If your draining the tank larger or second tank required.
Just make sure ball valve is working correctly before doing any other work.
Any idea what your mains flow rate is?

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
If this is a new problem, I suspect you just need a new diaphragm in the ball valve - or someone’s partially closed a valve somewhere.

Which Island? I’ve just spent a week on Barra - absolutely beautiful.

If your draining the tank larger or second tank required.
Just make sure ball valve is working correctly before doing any other work.
Any idea what your mains flow rate is?
Thank you for coming back to me *** no idea what the flow rate is but we're on a low pressure supply. Bigger hot water tank might the the best solution but could still technically be drained recreating the problem !

If this is a new problem, I suspect you just need a new diaphragm in the ball valve - or someone’s partially closed a valve somewhere.

Which Island? I’ve just spent a week on Barra - absolutely beautiful.
the valve to the loft water tank is fully open, maybe there is a valve at the tank (?) I'll check. Thx for the suggestion

Reply to Hot Water tank filling too slowly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net