Discuss Hot water from Valliant Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Margaret,

It is almost certainly a control issue and not a boiler related problem. Was the Hive system installed at the time the boiler was commissioned, or was it added later? I have seen a number of issues where Hive has been added and not wired in correctly, impacting hot water supply (or lack of it).

In my view, the fact that you can get hot water when the heating is on means that it is unlikely to be a valve problem. You have an S plan with two two port valves. To get hot water and heating together (as you describe) both valves must be opening.

My conclusion, is that the control wiring has been inadvertently changed resulting in the two control valves operating in tandem when Central Heating is called, with no operation when only Hot Water is called.

I assume that when you set the system (the boiler) to deliver hot water only the boiler does not fire up. Is that correct?

It is probably a very easy fix - one wire in the the wrong terminal.

Margaret,

It is almost certainly a control issue and not a boiler related problem. Was the Hive system installed at the time the boiler was commissioned, or was it added later? I have seen a number of issues where Hive has been added and not wired in correctly, impacting hot water supply (or lack of it).

In my view, the fact that you can get hot water when the heating is on means that it is unlikely to be a valve problem. You have an S plan with two two port valves. To get hot water and heating together (as you describe) both valves must be opening.

My conclusion, is that the control wiring has been inadvertently changed resulting in the two control valves operating in tandem when Central Heating is called, with no operation when only Hot Water is called.

I assume that when you set the system (the boiler) to deliver hot water only the boiler does not fire up. Is that correct?

It is probably a very easy fix - one wire in the the wrong terminal.

Hello, i may recall if correctly, the engineer installed the hive after it was commissioned (im not 100% certain). The hot water schedule runs set time 0645 - 0800; then 1630-2130. Due to no hot water (luke warm), the engineer says to us leave the immersion on constant

Hello, i may recall if correctly, the engineer installed the hive after it was commissioned (im not 100% certain). The hot water schedule runs set time 0645 - 0800; then 1630-2130. Due to no hot water (luke warm), the engineer says to us leave the immersion on constant

Is that Luke warm with heating on or just hot water only?

Was your hive fitted with the boiler or after? Is it that it's been wired incorrectly and you haven't noticed due to over winter having the heating on?

the hive was fitted after the engineer installed the boiler. It was all part of the package. When the boiler was up and running, the hive was then set up and run on schedule timings. Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot

Reply to Hot water from Valliant Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock