Discuss Hot water from Valliant Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If youve had everything new, then as everything is only 6 months old i would call the engineer back who installed it as it's still under warranty.

Yes, everything new, 6 months old, boiler, hive + controls in air-cupboard, zone valves, magnetic filter. I have tried calling the engineer back but not getting any luck and yes the issues occurred from January 2019.

Sounds to me like there's a wiring issue somewhere. I doubt there is anything wrong with the boiler if the heating is working fine, plus the HW works when the CH is on. It's a controls issue such as wiring or fault zone valves.

Thanks, Craig, should the temperature on the boiler be changed? or the thermostat attached to the blue cylinder. If so, what should this read? What's in the wrong location? Thanks a lot.
The thermostat attached to the cylinder should be set between 60 and 65°c, and the location of the thermostat should be 1/3 from the base of the cylinder, current it is too close to the base. These minor issues though won't be causing your issues with the hot water.

Not the best install but nothing obvious from your pictures apart from no auto bypass ? You need a route for the pump overun to circulate and displace the heat in the boiler when the 2 port valves close , you definitely should not need to have the immersion heater on 24 - 7 they are more for a back up should something fail , if I had to diagnose the fault I would start with checking the 2 port valve on the hot water system , check it is motoring open when the cylinder stat temperature is turned up and then down when the hive is in a hotwater call mode ? , next I see on the cylinder primary return has a balancing type valve this may need adjusting or even removing as it maybe the problem better to fit a lockshield type gate valve for balancing ? Few thing there for you to consider Margret . Please post your findings regards. kop

Reply to Hot water from Valliant Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock