Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the hot is ok every where else except the electric shower which is boiling.the whole place has been tiled now.any ideas guys.

Way too early for all that saga, mate. TBH I wouldn't pay either! problem needs to be sorted. If there are other issues these need to be discussed first,

Put it another way, if you were your customer would you be happy,

the whole bathroom has been tiled now.there is no access to pipes at basin to see if they are crossed.

does the bouiler fire and shut down straight away? dose it run for the time the cistern fills?
Can you trace the pipe work from the cistern, thus confirm the it is a cold supply, ie it tees under the floor and up to the basin and cold comes out the basin? turn off isolator under cistern connect hose over bath and turn on, if it runs cold not your prob, if its one of the new float valves they can shut off quite hard which could trick the flow switch to fire! is it a torbeck, did you fit the flow ristricter? Just because next doors is fine means nothing, has he got a full service history for the boiler. if you can prove that the ther is a cold feed to the cistern then that should surfice, as he got you in to do the bathroom, not service the boiler!!

is it a toilet with an internal overflow? if it is just keep the inlet valve open and see if the water coming in gets hot or not

the flow restrictor was fitted which makes me think its the boiler

does the boiler fire up when using electric shower??

did you repipe the whole bathroom??

is it a toilet with an internal overflow? if it is just keep the inlet valve open and see if the water coming in gets hot or not

I'd do this even if it had an external overflow at least this would eliminate the boiler question, totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Tiffel 20-50 boiler will not fire up. Screen shows ambient temp approx 20 degrees with a symbol of a flame. Got the settings just for hot water.
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock