Discuss Honeywell stat advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Can someone recommend me a simple to use remote thermostat?
Preferably a Honeywell.
Thanks in advance

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
honeywell t3r

A

Aire

What's the difference? (Never had a stat so forgive my ignorance)
One is a thermostat that will work alongside a programmer, the other is a room thermostat where you can programme different temperature set points through the day, eliminating the need for an additional programmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A
Reaction score
One is a thermostat that will work alongside a programmer, the other is a room thermostat where you can programme different temperature set points thought the day, eliminating the need for an additional programmer.
The latter sounds like what I need, can you recommend one?

A

Aire

The latter sounds like what I need, can you recommend one?
The only Honeywell stat Ive installed in a long time was the lyric t6r, nice thermostat but not the simplest of stats to use. If you want to stick with the Honeywell then I'd trust the opinion of Shaun and Chris. If you just want a simple to use stat then I can recommend these
Neomitis Wireless Digital Room Thermostat - RT0 RF | Digital Room Thermostat | PlumbNation.co.uk very easy to use and install. However, as you have to remove the boiler cover to wire the stat into the boiler, you will need a Registered Gas Engineer to install it for you.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'll get the engineer in sure. Which one of Shaun and Chris's suggestions is best for me?

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
t4 is a programmable room stat eg timer and stat in one
t4r "" "" "" "" "" but wireless

t3 is a room thermostat
t3r "" "" " " but wireless

king of pipes

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
I have fitted the Honeywell T4 and T4r easy to use and set up , the T3 and T3r is a entry level cheaper unit with less functions but still satisfies boiler plus. Kop

Reply to Honeywell stat advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor

Test

Top Bottom