Currently reading:
Highly skilled boiler repair engineer No Work whats going on

Discuss Highly skilled boiler repair engineer No Work whats going on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dibbo

Hi all is it quite or am i advertising in the wrong places.

I have never ever been this quite. I cover most of the UK for boiler repairs and brakedown's. my phone is dead.. @07966144012

I am Highly skilled boiler repair engineer, Contracting over the past 5 years for homeserve.

My main areas are Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. With the current conditions I thought my phone would be a live wire. I have a web site dibbogasandcooling.co.uk which still brings in next to no work, is it a sign of the times or should i advertise elsewhere, I have just started useing M_hammer and paid for premium listing, I am wondering if this is a scam, out of 10 jobs qouted for at the end of the bidding period 5 of the jobs were canceled and deleted ????

I know the homeserve work quitened down for a bit. Ithink a lot of customers weren't renewing there contracts with the company. So has a knock on affect.

The wife's stepmother rang last night to say she had been trying to contact homeserve for nearly 2 hours but with no luck!

You're just up the road from us. Do you have anything to do with renewables? We've got piles coming in and the nice people at the carbon trust are giving out 0% loans for lots of it.

Deadly quiet for me here on the heating side. The main problem is frozen condesate drains. Had quite a few call outs at the beginning of the cold weather.

Thanks to all for the replys, I'm glad its just not me on a slow down, I have had about 4 calls to clear frozen condensate pipework. good old Worc boilers the seem to be the ones mostly effected.

I did get a Job from the company that i used to contract for. It was to go to Gatwick 228 miles from me. And yes i did go and the job was fixed first time to the custermers satifaction,

She had 2 engineers from the insurance company who were not equiped to carry out the repairs. henc I went with my fully stocked van 228 miles total 456 miles in snow. I think the insurance company has made a big mistake getting rid of such a lot of highly experianced contracting engineers,

Its a shame Coz I fully support the buisness and i been loyal to them for 5 years even working on Xmas day's and weekends. It would be nice to start getting call from them again. The future will reveal if its been a sucess for them or not. I bet you can tell what i think the result will be..:confused:

You're just up the road from us. Do you have anything to do with renewables? We've got piles coming in and the nice people at the carbon trust are giving out 0% loans for lots of it.
Hi to your question yes i have experiance with renewables, I am also a fully qualifed Air Con engineer Fgas registered installed inverters, ground source, heatpumps.. give me a call

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been as busy as I have over the last 2 months. I have noticed that on the new installs for boiler/heating systems that not one customer has bothered going with home serve/ british gas as the service received previously is as one would expect from national companies, c***, and they are happy to set money aside to save for repairs/servicing with independants. Sorry for those working for the big companies but at last the tide seems to be turning in favour of the sole traders at last.

I have never been as busy as I have over the last 2 months. I have noticed that on the new installs for boiler/heating systems that not one customer has bothered going with home serve/ british gas as the service received previously is as one would expect from national companies, c***, and they are happy to set money aside to save for repairs/servicing with independants. Sorry for those working for the big companies but at last the tide seems to be turning in favour of the sole traders at last.
got to agree with that horror stories all round about the big companies sending out operatives without the right tools
latest one was call to leak which bg had located as being the hob dissed the hob and no problem sound gas test as the hob was under guarantee th eguy called the large company who supplied it
they sent a guy round with out any testing equipment who said these never leak it must be the pipework on going situation as they wont go back and obviously i wont with out being paid ive offered to go round whip it out so he can take it back but he doesnt want to pay me

I remember in one place I was in charge of the facilities and the fire alarms were going off. The company had just contracted to a large security firm (I won't say who) and they send a different engineer each time. The system is quite complex and it takes each new (competent) guy at least an hour to work out how it is wired before they can actually do anything, (there is a local company in town who know exactly how it is set up but the management reckoned it would be cheaper to use the large company).

Anyway on this occasion they sent a youth who looked like he had only just finished training, and probably only on the new style fire alarm systems and panels. He looked obviously puzzled and after a while started putting test equipment over a seemingly random selection of contacts, and started poking this and that relay. I asked him if he actually knew what he was doing and he admitted he didn't so I sent him away and phoned the company saying that if they couldn't send me a reilable engineer I would stop the direct debits and ask for the initial installment to be refunded. Anyway, nobody managed to sort it out so I called the local company who knew immediately what was wrong and 20 minutes later had finished. I then cancelled the contract with the large company and they didn't challenge it.

Homeserve has canceled its contracts with most of its self employed contractors. I don't thinks it a turn-down in sales, The boss has said he wants his company to be as big as coca cola, Maybe he wants a bigger helicoptor and is cutting costs and service.

I think he will struggle if he lets the customer down with long call out times and missed appointments because he no longer has the good will and support of all that lo cost resources ie the self employed contractor of the reliable contractors :cool:

Got it matt but as i am a newbe the forum will not let me pm you when ur ready give me a call 07966144012
dave

Yes your right but that what a good forum like this is all about. and i highly recommend it. Still looking for the upturn in work though.. Humberside chamber of commerce stated in a press release that the region is out of recession. ???? i think not

ok no problem, I'm out surveying jobs with installers most of the day tomorrow, but will ring you in the next day or so. We'll go from there. Onward and upward rodney!

cheers.

Still quiet up north.

There is a north south divide as far as work is concerned. The Boiler scarpage scheme brought a few job's but now it has ended nothing..

I am thinking of going to north London staying in a B&B 4/5 days a week installing boilers and doing fast plumbing and boiler Repairs. ie contracting. Any one know if this would work; I think all those years good service as a contractor i gave homeserve were waisted as they dumped the good contractors. It may also be my fault for relying on them so much,

dibbogasandcooling.co.uk

I was persuaded to sign up with homeserve last year for oil boiler work. Guess how many jobs so far?

Yes, none at all!! Waste of effort.

think you will find it is the same all around,people not spending.:cool:

were just ticking over,gone quiet,anyone used that ratedpeople thingy

Still quiet up north.

There is a north south divide as far as work is concerned. The Boiler scarpage scheme brought a few job's but now it has ended nothing..

I am thinking of going to north London staying in a B&B 4/5 days a week installing boilers and doing fast plumbing and boiler Repairs. ie contracting. Any one know if this would work; I think all those years good service as a contractor i gave homeserve were waisted as they dumped the good contractors. It may also be my fault for relying on them so much,

dibbogasandcooling.co.uk

Dont know about any n s issue Im n my son is s and the situation seems the same

my homeserve out of hours work just stopped months ago, its was not regular and was just for gas escapes only, homeserve partnership with barclays breakdown so unless there using there own engineers or people are not renewing with barclays home insurance.

my homeserve out of hours work just stopped months ago, its was not regular and was just for gas escapes only, homeserve partnership with barclays breakdown so unless there using there own engineers or people are not renewing with barclays home insurance.
same here,mind you the amount of times i was called out and the customer had waited all day was a joke,the amount of calls i used to get has not really made any difference.
too many odd jobbers cutting into our market now,under cutting us left right and center,thats made a huge dent in our calls.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Highly skilled boiler repair engineer No Work whats going on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock