Search the forum,

Discuss High pressure on highflow 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cwrtcoed

Hi
i currently have a worchester highflow 400 rsf combi. The past 6 weeks the overflow pipe been dripping water, I've checked the water pressure and this was up to 3 bar. I've had the expansion tank replaced twice (first one was faulty) but the pressure is still high.
ive changed the heat exchanger in case there was a leak between the two feeds but still pressure is still the same. I've also bled all the rads and still the pressure is still 3 bar.
ive drained the water reducing the pressure to zero, it's only when I refill with the cold feed supply the pressure doesn't want to stay low.
Im not where else it can be leaking from. I have thought it could be either the top or bottom manifolds which the heat exchange fits to but not sure how these can be checked. Would the diverter valve cause this problem as well? Because I have a spare one to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need my friend is a gas safe engineer to come and take a look at this as you aren't qualified to work on it so what you're doing is illegal

Sorry when I say I, my friend who's a qualified plumber has done this I've been there with him.
He's stumped as to what it is,I'd appreciate any positive answers, thanks

Sorry to say unless your gas safe we can't offer any advice as you might or might not try and fix it your self

We don't discuss gas burning appliances on an open forum hope you understand

Get your friend to register

Thanks for you honesty, my friend is calling up this afternoon just wanted to see what other problems it could be to save us time. But, again i can't prove if I'm telling they truth, no problem ill go to another site for advice, thanks

Not your fault mate but there lies the problem other sites shouldn't be giving this information either it is completely irresponsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High pressure on highflow 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock