Discuss Hi i'm Andrew in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taxi750

Hi i'm Andrew, i'm 35 and have recently been working in the security industry, but got fed up with lack of prospects and career progression and so in November decided to do something about it. I signed with Access2Trade, but in January, just before my first workshop session, they went into adminstration, in April OLCI took on my cousre, because I have finance through Barclays and so far so good. I completed 2 workshop sessions last month and have workshop3 and assessment 1 booked. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I'm training at the Nottinghamshire centre and the trainier is a top bloke with over 40 years experience. Although its hard fitting in the home study around a full time job, I think it will be worth it. Hopefully soon I will be able to get some work experience, my long term aim is to work for myself after picking up lots more experience and qualifications. I know this is a few years away yet and i'm certainly under no illusions, but i'm sure the hard work will be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello taxi750, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Welcome to the forum Andrew,hope you find helpful and interesting ,pleased you managed to get courses sorted out and re booked after trouble with original training center going into admin

Hi Andrew

Sounds like were in the same boat. I am visiting the OLCI in Mansfield this Friday, wanted to check it out before signing up. Are you doing the NVQ after the TC's and have you picked up any jobs to practice with. I am in the Loughborough area. Would you recommend the OLCI set up, are ther many people training at the moment
Cheers

Hi, yes I do plan to do NVQ after and other qualifications hopefully, I would definitely recommend the Mansfield Centre, the trainer there is an absolute top bloke who is extremely knowledgeable. I've met 3 other former Access students, the maximum class size is 12, however on my first practical session there was only 5 students, which was great. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi i'm Andrew in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
I have just completed my training with Scots Gas Training based in Stirling so I thought I would leave a review for anyone who may be considering...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock