Discuss Hi all, new member. Need help with water softener query please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RANDALL

Hi all,

I am about to buy and install a Harvey's non-electric, twin tanked, metered water softener. I have a combi boiler. The web-site where i am going to buy this from states that i need a combi fitting kit, which they charge £50 for! The kit comprises of 15mm inlet and outlet T's, bypass valve, Non Return valve and 2 stainless steel 22mm / 3/4" bsp braided hoses. The valves can be bought from screwfix for a total of about about £12 and the only thing i might need are the braided hoses.

The softener itself will not be sited near the rising main, I am going to have to pipe the inlet and outlet pipes approx 6 - 8 feet using standard 15mm pipe.

I had a friend of a friend come around who is a plumber and he said that it would be okay to use the standard 15mm pipes that are supplied with the softener? This would remove the need for the combi fitting kit.

I am not usually one to dismiss a piece of professional advice, but i just wanted to open this out to the plumbing public for some advice of whether the standard pipes are okay to use or not and if i do need the braided pipes, why and where else i can get suitable ones from without spending £50 on the complete kit.

Any help given would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ian.:confused:

Hi Randall

Welcome to the forums

Kits can often be made up cheaper than supplied,so if you are able ,seems like the way to go,fill ya boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi all, new member. Need help with water softener query please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Hi People, So, I'm looking to fit a new Monarch Midi HE water softener, upstairs bathroom suite, downstairs WC suite and probably replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Back