Search the forum,

Discuss Help with washing machine plumbing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Help!

complete novice! What do I need to buy/do to connect this cold water washing machine inlet valve to the pipe?
C1972183-A1E3-4565-B6FE-53D1555F4549.jpeg

Help!

complete novice! What do I need to buy/do to connect this cold water washing machine inlet valve to the pipe? View attachment 47180
15mm speedfit tee plus pipe insert and the smallest piece of plastic pipe or just take the tee and pipe off the hot side that your not using,(make sure the pipe isn’t live first else you will get wet)put it on the cold side then connect the blue washing machine pipe to that

Last edited:
15mm speedfit tee plus pipe insert and the smallest piece of plastic pipe or just take the tee and pipe off the hot side that your not using,(make sure the pipe isn’t live first else you will get wet)put it on the cold side then connect the blue washing machine pipe to that
Thank you!

I removed the tee & pipe from hot side but can’t seem to push/screw it back onto to cold (or back on to hot!) any tips for that?

I removed the tee & pipe from hot side but can’t seem to push/screw it back onto to cold (or back on to hot!) any tips for that?
Did you remove it properly as they should just push on (push fit) it’s hard to explain it but the bit on the tee that screws should be screwed up tight. The little plastic circle at the top should just push in,whilst that is pushed in you can pull the plastic pipe out.just swap it over.(if you have taken it off properly then just do it in reverse to put it back on.the one on your cold side wasn’t screwed up fully either

Last edited:
Did you remove it properly as they should just push on (push fit) it’s hard to explain it but the bit on the tee that screws should be screwed up tight. The little plastic circle at the top should just push in,whilst that is pushed in you can pull the plastic pipe out.just swap it over.(if you have taken it off properly then just do it in reverse to put it back on.the one on your cold side wasn’t screwed up fully either
All done now, brilliant thanks for the advice!
Little drip coming from it now water back on but will get my boyfriend to tighten it when he’s back from work :)

You can tighten them by hand which will be tight enough.Also make sure the pipe is pushed in fully.The leak should stop if tightened properly and pipe pushed in properly.
Thank you, I’ll get him to check as soon as he’s back. It’s only a small drip so I’ve put a bowl underneath but he’ll sort as soon as he’s back. Thank you so much for your help

Reply to Help with washing machine plumbing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock