Search the forum,

Discuss Help with washing machine plumbing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Help!

complete novice! What do I need to buy/do to connect this cold water washing machine inlet valve to the pipe?
C1972183-A1E3-4565-B6FE-53D1555F4549.jpeg

Help!

complete novice! What do I need to buy/do to connect this cold water washing machine inlet valve to the pipe? View attachment 47180
15mm speedfit tee plus pipe insert and the smallest piece of plastic pipe or just take the tee and pipe off the hot side that your not using,(make sure the pipe isn’t live first else you will get wet)put it on the cold side then connect the blue washing machine pipe to that

Last edited:
15mm speedfit tee plus pipe insert and the smallest piece of plastic pipe or just take the tee and pipe off the hot side that your not using,(make sure the pipe isn’t live first else you will get wet)put it on the cold side then connect the blue washing machine pipe to that
Thank you!

I removed the tee & pipe from hot side but can’t seem to push/screw it back onto to cold (or back on to hot!) any tips for that?

I removed the tee & pipe from hot side but can’t seem to push/screw it back onto to cold (or back on to hot!) any tips for that?
Did you remove it properly as they should just push on (push fit) it’s hard to explain it but the bit on the tee that screws should be screwed up tight. The little plastic circle at the top should just push in,whilst that is pushed in you can pull the plastic pipe out.just swap it over.(if you have taken it off properly then just do it in reverse to put it back on.the one on your cold side wasn’t screwed up fully either

Last edited:
Did you remove it properly as they should just push on (push fit) it’s hard to explain it but the bit on the tee that screws should be screwed up tight. The little plastic circle at the top should just push in,whilst that is pushed in you can pull the plastic pipe out.just swap it over.(if you have taken it off properly then just do it in reverse to put it back on.the one on your cold side wasn’t screwed up fully either
All done now, brilliant thanks for the advice!
Little drip coming from it now water back on but will get my boyfriend to tighten it when he’s back from work :)

You can tighten them by hand which will be tight enough.Also make sure the pipe is pushed in fully.The leak should stop if tightened properly and pipe pushed in properly.
Thank you, I’ll get him to check as soon as he’s back. It’s only a small drip so I’ve put a bowl underneath but he’ll sort as soon as he’s back. Thank you so much for your help

Reply to Help with washing machine plumbing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with plastic pipe and push fits. It's a new built in cistern. I am looking to tap into the feed and add a water supply for a washing machine. Can I just...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
This is the only place I can fit a washing machine in my new kitchen. The drainage pipe would have to go approx. 5 m - is this okay or will it cause issues? Many thanks!
Replies
Views
I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked down the top and a with a u bend at the bottow going directly to outside drain. Is it OK to put a tee joint into the verical pipe and join the sink...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock