Search the forum,

Discuss Help with retrofitting aerator to Blanco kitchen Tap in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all hope you can help, I'm not a plumber so please excuse any incorrect terminology I use ha. I have a Blanco mixer kitchen tap that camp as a kit with a Blanco sink. The current Aerator? is just a standard plastic thread on piece and is the original one that came with the tap. The issue is when the tap is on any speed as soon as the water hits anything it splashes everywhere and your forever drying up the splashes. so contacted Blanco and they have supplied me with a new Aerator when delivers a bubble stream instead of the water free flowing to hopefully stop splashing.

The issue is fitting. It looks like the thread is the correct type however when removing the old aerator inside the tap spout it has a tube with a tube plastic piece. When offering up the new part the tube piece pushes up against it preventing me from threading it on and don't want to break anything. When contacting Blanco about it they said you have to remove the plastic tube piece for it to fit. but they were very vague. Has anyone changed the aerator on these Blanco taps and is it easy to remove this tube piece without breaking anything? also would it be easy to re fit back on if for any reason we have to put the original aerator back on?

Again sorry for the bad terminology but please refer to my included pictures to hopefully illustrate the setup I have and what I'm trying to achieve.

Many Thanks

Daniel

IMG_20201026_100933.jpg

IMG_20201026_103626_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20201118_122426.jpg

IMG_20201118_122457.jpg

IMG_20201118_122514.jpg

IMG_20201118_122526.jpg

IMG_20201118_122555.jpg

IMG_20201118_122605.jpg

IMG_20201118_123140.jpg

Have a look at ecostar products they should have something suitable theres a video for guidance. Regards Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-072835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-072835_Chrome.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Help with retrofitting aerator to Blanco kitchen Tap in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock