Search the forum,

Discuss Help required for replacing union valves. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
New here.
I have some older type single radiators in my home, that I want to keep.
The are supplied by 15mm copper pipe, into the valve, that has a 3/4 union type fitting.
I want to replace these fittings with TRV's and am having difficulties finding a direct replacement.
My floors are concrete, so I don't want to replace the rads with 15mm compression valves, as I believe I would need to alter the pipework.
Any of you guys have ideas?

Thanks in advance.
PS, I'm not a plumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won’t get any 3/4 union trvs so will need to adjust the pipework

Could you (stupid but it may work) put a straight TRV onto the pipework feeding the radiator without removing the existing valve? Might be a possible workaround if you can get the TRV into a position that is useable and don't mind it looking slightly unconventional (what WILL the neighbours think?!).

Reply to Help required for replacing union valves. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock