Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help replacing an electrical shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnbhoy

I've removed my Mothers mira sport 8.5 and trying to fit a creda aquawave 7.5

The assistant in b&q told her it was a suitable replacement as the water feed can go on the same side as the mira. Thing is tho it's one of those universal multi entry showers and the water connection part is in the lower center of the shower which I'm asuming means I have to extend the pipe work and add in some bends.

I'm hopefull that someone can help identify for me the best way to do this and which types of pipe and fittings would work best.

Here are some pics

The wall just now, water and electrical feed. The water feed went straight into the water inlet

zc0ep.jpg
zc0ep.jpg

New shower. Think I'm right in saying the pipe will need to drop down, turn right then turn upwards

161gjyv.jpg

dont think thats going to work mate, unless you burst open the wall and changed the pipework behind the wall and retiled the wall again

well you could cut away a big enough hole that the shower will cover if its gyproc cant really tell not good pics, and then put a bit of plywood in so you have something to secure your shower to. But you will have to alter pipework behind wall and bring through at the lower right corner and then use a compression bend and some pipe or something

The best thing to do would be to get rid of the crap new shower and go met the same Mira

dont listen to assistants in B&Q either because how do they know ? your best taking off the shower and taking it to a local plumbers merchant and getting a suitable replacement

Think I'll take it back and take my old shower to a plumbers merchant like you said GQuigley67. How likely are b&q to give me my money back rather than a credit note?

Thanks

Hail hail:D

very likely, it's not suitable. wrong advice given by their employee.

yeah mate get another mira

Hail Hail :) insurance cup winners come sunday :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help replacing an electrical shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock