Discuss Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potatoman

Hi,I have narrowed down my central heating problems, I think, to a blocked f & e cold feed pipe,I have removed this pipe from the tank connected it to a tap with a pipe ,opened rad vents turned tap on , but nothing happenes
The pipe is pretty much inaccessible, what can i do,Will a power flush help
Thanks for reading

HI
Is the vent also blocked if so shut off boiler immediately and call in a suitably qualified plumber as this could be a very serious hazard

Hi,I have narrowed down my central heating problems, I think, to a blocked f & e cold feed pipe,I have removed this pipe from the tank connected it to a tap with a pipe ,opened rad vents turned tap on , but nothing happenes
The pipe is pretty much inaccessible, what can i do,Will a power flush help
Thanks for reading

You'll probably find it blocked at the T where the pipe joins the system. As mentioned before get a magnet to track it down. You will need to cut it out to clear it properly.

Be careful though the water will be black and stain anything it touches!! You might need to get the system properly cleaned after but a power flush will not clear the blockage.

Found the problem there is a gate valve on the cold feed pipe and has been turned off,why is there a gate valve.
This is a rental property,goodness knows why the tenants have been fiddling
Considering getting a magnaclean fitted, which one should i go for
Thanks for looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock