Search the forum,

Discuss Help advice needed re external stopcock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Beverley

The outside stopcock has broken off and the indoor one has completely seized up, the local water company have advised they no longer maintain the outside stopcock, has anyone got any suggestions on how we can deal with this

Never heard of that one it's the water companies property and they have a responsibility to maintain and or replace the external stopcock these as needed I've had a few freed off and replaced no issues by Anglian water and essex and Suffolk , your internal one is your responsibility and really needs to be accessible and work employ a local plumber it's a simple process if you have the kit . Kop

This must be a stopcock on private property either on a shared service to other houses or just an extra one for a single house.

It will not be the main stopcock at the local water co's main, they will maintain that and will not allow others to work on it.

Did anyone come out to see this stopcock or was it an over the phone statement?

Without showing any house numbers or street names can you photograph the outside stopcock / path / driveway and along the pavement outside your house?

Reply to Help advice needed re external stopcock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector here and even he went away flummoxed. OK ....we have a stopcock under the sink that is stuck open - no amount of force will turn it. We need to turn...
Replies
Views
Hello all Anyone experience of the following situation and can advise please before I contact the local water company? Commercial (retail) property. Reduced water pressure. Upon investigation, believe our external stopcock, which is located within our boundary, is leaking as the chamber is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock