Discuss HELP - A riston Euro Combi SX 20 MFFICE not lighting ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bilabonic

Hi All

Came home to boiler off, CH pressure is ok, fuse is ok, it will not relight off centre ignitoin/reset button ?

It has no external thermostat and the timer switch is constant ON.

It has gas supply.

Any help ?

Cheers

get a local Gas Safe Registered engineer to take a look.

welcome to the forum.

Do i need to be a GSR to check a switch/thermostat/ relay/fuse/pressure switch/input/output to pcb ?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let other people know i found the fault. It was simply the overheat thermostat, got new one on order.

My other half had a GSR plumber out who stated it was the CH flow switch.......

Cheers

Do i need to be a GSR to check a switch/thermostat/ relay/fuse/pressure switch/input/output to pcb ?

Cheers

Yes to remove the case of a boiler you have to be Gas safe registered. There are many different safety features inside the boiler and if you do not know what you are doing then you could put yours and your familes lifes at risk.

So you have had an engineer out which pretty much states that you yourself are not gas safe registered.

Do you know what has caused the overheat stat to trip?

I do not know whether it had tripped or developed a fault as it will not reset, i will fit a new one and if it overheats i will go from there.

I am not gas safe registered but have fitted many combi's and has them tested with certificate of a GSR plumber.

I am an Electrcal/Electronic engineer as a trade and work on a lot of gear VERY similar to combi components if not MORE dangerous putting 100's of lives at risk. A lot of DSEAR work inc nitrogen, natural and coke gasses. I always wear 3in1 detector...lol

BUT i always get anything tested as stated above

But your NOT gas safe registered so you shouldnt touch it.

I work on boilers and theres wires in it so i'm just going to go and rewire my house but its ok I will just get somebody to illegaly come and check it afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP - A riston Euro Combi SX 20 MFFICE not lighting ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock