Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline vizo 24, Help!! Pressure too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shazzehhh

The boiler was working fine until recently the pressure gauge shoots up to 4Bar (max) within 15 seconds of switching on the boiler and water starts leaking from the back of the boiler, I bled the radiators and the pressure dropped down to 0.2 and crept up very very slowly to 2.5. My initial thoughts are that the valve releasing the gas in to the boiler must be leaking, however since I am no expert in these matters I thought I would ask.

Pushing it a bit here, how much do you reckon the cost would be? In my previous flat I had a boiler problem and 4 plumbers told me different things and the whole unit had to be replaced so I am asking here first to know what I am looking for and what I should expect the plumber to look at.

Thank You

Registered now.

Landlord might have the gas registration/safety number but he is being an incredibly difficult.

Any recommended engineers in Dundee would be great help too.

if its rented not your problem tell the landlord

Not something that you can repair yourself, you need a suitably qualified gsr.

Can't give you a price because it'll either be a 5 minute job or a replacement of a bit. Not telling you what.

But as said, it's really down to your landlord to sort unless you have an agreement in place that you pay for repairs and present a receipt in lieu of rent or its part of.

And I'm afraid that here endeth the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline vizo 24, Help!! Pressure too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
R
Hi looking for some advice please. We have a Viessmann VT100-W (WB1C 30kW) boiler. It's about 8 years old. I am now topping up the pressure about twice a week. I check the pressure first thing in the morning when the system (and me) is cold. Pressure is around 0.7. I top it up using the...
Replies
Views
Rod4444
R
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Equipment The shower (a cold feed electric unit) and the Kingspan tank are on the top floor of a 3 storey building. The Ideal Boiler Logic Heat 15 boiler is on the ground floor. The house is 9 years old in May. Both the boiler and Kingspan tank have been serviced in the last month. The shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock