Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Rod4444
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 707

Discuss Boiler pressure too high - and too low! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Rod4444

Hi looking for some advice please.

We have a Viessmann VT100-W (WB1C 30kW) boiler. It's about 8 years old. I am now topping up the pressure about twice a week.

I check the pressure first thing in the morning when the system (and me) is cold. Pressure is around 0.7. I top it up using the loop to around 1.1 to 1.2.

After it has been running for a few hours and is hot the pressure is around 2.8 almost in the red! I have checked the house and there is no sign of a leak.

Any idea what could be the cause and fix. My theory is water is escaping as steam.

We had an extension built 8 years ago and were persuaded by the builder to replace the 30 year old boiler which, apart from the sensor that was replaced every few years, never went wrong.

So this boiler has now gone wrong after eight years, was it serviced regularly? If not I'd say that was a fairly decent reliability record and now it's time to get an engineer in. The symptoms point to a fairly common issue but it is not a DIY fix.

So this boiler has now gone wrong after eight years, was it serviced regularly? If not I'd say that was a fairly decent reliability record and now it's time to get an engineer in. The symptoms point to a fairly common issue but it is not a DIY fix.
Hi engineer is the next step. Its been serviced every summer except for 1 during lockdown. Still be good to know what the problem is.

Reply to Boiler pressure too high - and too low! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock