Discuss Heating & hot water will not work together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amd3011

My CH system has been acting strangely over the last couple of weeks. The water heater side of things is OK – no problems there, but it’s the heating side that’s the problem.

The heating is programmed to come on three times a day: morning, noon and night. The first thing I noticed was that the combi boiler wasn’t firing up when the heating timer kicked in. After some investigation, I discovered that if I turned the living room thermostat all the way down until it clicked and then turned it up again until it clicked a second time, then the boiler would fire up.

Now the heating will not kick in while the hot water heater is on, even if I go through the above process. I have to wait until the hot water timer switches off before I can get the heating going.

We moved into the house 14 months ago and there have been no problems until now.

Any ideas?

you have a hot water cylinder yes? therefore you don't have a combi boiler.
more explanation of the controls, pipework layout, motorised valves would be useful.
maybe you could post some pictures.
it is a control fault, usually motorised valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating & hot water will not work together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock