Search the forum,

Discuss heating and dhw fed off one tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone come across this? I've been to three jobs in the last 4 weeks where a coil type (NOT PRIMATIC) cylinder has had both heating and hot water fed from the same single tank. I'm guessing most plumbers of yesteryear would know better than to do this, builders maybe?

no in 40 years ive not come across this but ive only ever seen two primatics in working order
were both vents over the single tank?

no in 40 years ive not come across this but ive only ever seen two primatics in working order
were both vents over the single tank?

Yep both vents over the one tank, i had never seen this before either, funnily enough all 3 were within 1 mile of eachother. Where are you based, i come across primatics frequently in comparison down this way?

It's a heat store cylinder. Loads about.
Not many fitted these days,as pressurised cylinder far better.

image.jpg

Could it be that they used to be primatics that got replaced for standard cylinders. However the engineer couldn't be bothered/customer didn't want to pay for the system to be corrected?

Could it be that they used to be primatics that got replaced for standard cylinders. However the engineer couldn't be bothered/customer didn't want to pay for the system to be corrected?

yea thinking about it thats a good call as the area ive come across these is the same and only area i've come across primatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating and dhw fed off one tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating and 4 double ~1000mm radiators , hot water cylinder coil , and oil boiler
Replies
Views
Hi guys I did a job today in a block of flats, fairly old place, plumbing was all a bit ropey in this particular flat. The job was to change an electric shower over, I changed it, didn't work.. noticed the water pressure was a bit pants.. I could stop it with my finger on the basin.. thought...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hello, Newly moved into a house with a mains fed cylinder system. I've never had one before and struggling to get it working. When I turn either heating or water off at the timing unit, the other works fine. Eg, with heating off, water works and vica versa. The indicator lights are solid blue...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock