Search the forum,

Discuss Flats bathrooms fed by tank? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys I did a job today in a block of flats, fairly old place, plumbing was all a bit ropey in this particular flat. The job was to change an electric shower over, I changed it, didn't work.. noticed the water pressure was a bit pants.. I could stop it with my finger on the basin.. thought surely not.. a little bit more investigation and I see that the bathroom appears to be fed via a tank maybe? Under testing, the pressure was under 0.2bar.. Large riser in a cupboard 35mm maybe bigger, reduces (tees off, riser continues down) to 15mm with a gate valve, when I shut this off it turned the bathroom off but the kitchen tap stayed on and the the feed to the fortic cylinder remained on.. anyways, couldn't fit the shower as it just wouldn't heat up, rang Mira they said it won't activate under 0.5bar.. that makes sense but they had a shower there for 10 years that allegedly worked until it didn't.. just wondering as I don't do much work in flats, it's south coast (Brighton) is it common for them to be fed via a communal break tank or something of the sort, owner didn't know much..? Cheers

Last edited:

Reply to Flats bathrooms fed by tank? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock