Search the forum,

Discuss Has GasSafe changed in the past 2 years? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecharly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi im looking to re-register shortly and was wondering what has changed in the past 2 years has information on there website improved etc etc?

also are there any new things with which i will need to be brought up to speed on?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi im looking to re-register shortly and was wondering what has changed in the past 2 years has information on there website improved etc etc?

also are there any new things with which i will need to be brought up to speed on?

Cheers
It is not what has changed in the last 2 years but I guess what has changed in the last 7 as that was the last time you took the assessment & quite a lot has. To much to list here but a few highlight's flue in ducts, use of gas analyzers (CPA1 is now in the CCN1).
Best thing is take some training to get you back up to speed.

Cheers

Competence review? It seems that the industry can't decide on whether the exams you pay for make you competent.

APHC sparks debate on gas competency | News | Heating and Ventilation News

In addition there were nearly 6,500 new operatives added to the gas safe register last year, so work will be a little more difficult to come by.

Not to forget the analyser situation - you will need cpa1 and have to buy and calibrate the instrument each year (if you don't already own one).

are you going for reassessment or starting again from scratch

there was a letter in gas safe magazine a few months ago, says nobody ever fails the reassessment, is this true or just an exaggeration, the way it was worded it was as if it was meant to be taken literally

if its so easy to pass makes you wonder whats the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has GasSafe changed in the past 2 years? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock