Search the forum,

Discuss Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Was having a read the other night and "the penny dropped" Not sure if I'm right though.

Example: If I gas rate an appliance say an old combi boiler I get a gas rate in Gross which I then have to convert to Net because of latent heat (Something like 11% of heat is lost in flue gases)

My question is? If I gas rate an new condensing boiler which uses the latent heat in turn (condensing) and releasing water vapor out the flue do I have to covert from gross - net ?????

What would the MI's give the output of the new boiler in, Net or Gross Hobo ?? back to the books, LOL

Last edited:
I thought if the data badge doesn't say gross or net you assume gross then convert to net the new boilers give you it in gross and net on the technical data sheet on installation Manual

No data badge says gross, old appliances simply state a figure for HI, when they changed they way they calculated it to fall into line with the way the Central Europeans did it they had to let us know what was badged under the new scheme, so the listed the new ones as HI ??kw nett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock