Search the forum,

Discuss got domestic, want commercial! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
his guys basically a oppertunity to get a lot of work servicing commercial boilers has come along, so just asking the question of what steps i would have to take to enable me to do so, i currently have on my card all appliances (domestic) & testing and purging (commercial)
so I'm thinking i would need to do a commercial boiler course??? and any ideas how long they are? thank you :)

I'd suggest you contact your local training centre. Most centres offer different levels of course dependant on existing experience and qualifications.

Hi, iv just looked into that myself, LEEDS training centre just informed me a cross over corse will do you,,
You just need DIRECT FIRED BOILERS AND GASMETERS,, about £400 depending on the centre, im in the same boat and checked it all out. that should take about 3-4 days again depending on the centre.
good luck.
Bren.

get specific training and qualifications based on what you will actully be working on, best to find out what the appliances are then speak to the training provider and they should guide you to the most appropriate qualifications

Hi, iv just looked into that myself, LEEDS training centre just informed me a cross over corse will do you,,
You just need DIRECT FIRED BOILERS AND GASMETERS,, about £400 depending on the centre, im in the same boat and checked it all out. that should take about 3-4 days again depending on the centre.
good luck.
Bren.

did mine there last year , got my caterring cheap cos someone cancelled was only an extra day too

I have done abit of commercial and catering over the years and would not entertain doing it anymore . pros and cons i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to got domestic, want commercial! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock