Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm Ultimate 30 Range rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello

I fitted an ultimate in my house last winter. I want to know how to range rate the heating down to about 8kw. Unfortunately I cannot find the book and have mainly been fitting Worcesters lately so can't really remember my way around the glowworm menus!

I'm sure it has something to do with entering the code 96 menu but cant remember how to get there.

Any help would be great

cheers

Because I didn't have a log burner when i fitted the boiler... Therefore intended to use the two rads in the living room and one in the kitchen. However come winter I will shut those 3 down so only really need the four upstairs working. Hence why I want to drop the heating

Push in and hold the mode button for 7 seconds or more. The screen shows '0'

Press minus button 4 times the screen will then show 96.

Press mode to vaildate

Screen will then alternate between a flashin 'd' and '00'

Press the mode again to access '00' as this is the range rating function and use the minus button to lower to 8kw

Press mode to confirm changes then press and hold mode for 7 seconds or more to exit the menu

No worries, funnily enough 8KW is the lowest a glow worm will modulate down.

Yeah tbh I remember 8kw is the lowest as I have dropped a few ultracoms down to 8 on small systems in the past. Just couldn't remember how to get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Ultimate 30 Range rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before reaching target Temp and then goes on pump overrun. Given that there are only 3 Rads and are 'designer' with a total combined KW spec of about 2.5kw, the...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock