Search the forum,

Discuss gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

Can anyone please recomend a good entry level gas analyser and printer package bearing in mind the calibration and service costs.

Thanks gregg1908

Kane 250, Kane 455, Anton Sprint, Testo 327-1 are your main choices. I would create a table to list the costs of buying and calibration over 3-5 years and then compare the totals.

the kane 250 has the cheapest purchase price but may not end up being the cheapest over 5 years when you take into account calibration and sensor lifespans.

I've just purchased a TP1 analyser, the callibration costs are half of what you pay for kane. It came highly recommended from someone i know in the trade

We used them on the BG contract, TPI are terrible analysers IMHO, the cells didn't seem to last and I went through about 4 in the space of 6 weeks. Lots of BG engineers complained about them.Mind you it could be BG were getting a dodgy lot. Everyone will have their preference depending on their experience with the FGA they are using. Personally I have an Anton Sprint but Ive used Kane 455 which I really liked.

Last edited:
sprint v1 for me used to have a tpi it was tat the sprints been great

i followed gas mans advice got meself a v1. simples to use

We used them on the BG contract, TPI are terrible analysers IMHO, the cells didn't seem to last and I went through about 4 in the space of 6 weeks. Lots of BG engineers complained about them.Mind you it could be BG were getting a dodgy lot. .

B*gger!!

Testo 327-1, seems the best quality out of the lot! very clear display and the built in magnets are a nice feature too

I'll consider it when mine goes wrong. And by the sounds of it, it won't be too far away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock