Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

Can anyone please recomend a good entry level gas analyser and printer package bearing in mind the calibration and service costs.

Thanks gregg1908

Kane 250, Kane 455, Anton Sprint, Testo 327-1 are your main choices. I would create a table to list the costs of buying and calibration over 3-5 years and then compare the totals.

the kane 250 has the cheapest purchase price but may not end up being the cheapest over 5 years when you take into account calibration and sensor lifespans.

I've just purchased a TP1 analyser, the callibration costs are half of what you pay for kane. It came highly recommended from someone i know in the trade

We used them on the BG contract, TPI are terrible analysers IMHO, the cells didn't seem to last and I went through about 4 in the space of 6 weeks. Lots of BG engineers complained about them.Mind you it could be BG were getting a dodgy lot. Everyone will have their preference depending on their experience with the FGA they are using. Personally I have an Anton Sprint but Ive used Kane 455 which I really liked.

Last edited:
sprint v1 for me used to have a tpi it was tat the sprints been great

i followed gas mans advice got meself a v1. simples to use

We used them on the BG contract, TPI are terrible analysers IMHO, the cells didn't seem to last and I went through about 4 in the space of 6 weeks. Lots of BG engineers complained about them.Mind you it could be BG were getting a dodgy lot. .

B*gger!!

Testo 327-1, seems the best quality out of the lot! very clear display and the built in magnets are a nice feature too

I'll consider it when mine goes wrong. And by the sounds of it, it won't be too far away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
M
I recently purchased a new Anton pro (reluctantly) as the Anton sprint 2 is now obsolete (even though there's nothing wrong with it) so I want to...
Replies
Views
Marc myles
M
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
Testo FREE Service Promotion. Buy a Testo flue gas analyser 300, 327 or 320B kit before 31st December and get a FREE 1st year service in 2022...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock