Discuss Garden tap help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fossilman

Hi Guys. I am fitting a garden tap at the weekend. What i need to know is how do you pack out the wall plate thread as at the moment the tap does not sit square with the tube compression nut and is about 45 degrees out. Do you need to use a certain type of washer etc ??

Thanks
Ian

Lots of ptfe tape - well, a fair amount of it.

One of the only times you wrap poofta tap around a thread.

If you wrap it around the thread of the tap about 10 times (have another go if it doesn't work) then turn the tap on to the wall plate. At some stage it will be too tight to complete a full turn - not an exact science (to my knowledge) but tight enough so the tap doesn't twist when you turn it on.

(If you put the tape on the wrong way it wraps into a sort of mangled affair. So start again putting it on the other way!)

These fittings have parallel threads..not suitable for boss white and hemp or ptfe

A hemp grommet or fibre washers is the way we are supposed to make the joint.
trouble is no one seems to have told the manufacturers to provide flat landings on the BP elbow,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Garden tap help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've attached an image of an old garden tap with a new garden tap replacement, except the thread on the new tap is larger than the existing...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink...
Replies
Views
Back