Discuss Gap around the hole flue exit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The engineer has turned up.

He is going to look at the flue exit.

I raised about the water leak - I changed from a standard system to combi boiler.

He says that it is because of the water pressure has changed that has caused the problem and he is going to try and fix the pipe issue under the sink.

I am also noticing the toilet tank pours in real fast. I am slightly worried that pipe inside might have burst somewere. He says if there is a problem we would notice it by now but then again there is a chance that there may be problem that could come up in future. I am not really sure what to do? I am clinging on to the hope I have house insurance so incase if the pipe burst in future inside that walls I could just use that. Any advise you can give me please?

Has the whole house, probably excluding the kitchen tap which should already have been mains, been changed from tank supply to mains?
If so and if the toilet(s) was previously on a tanked supply it will now most likely need a restrictor in the inlet pipe.

It may be beneficial that you wait until the job is complete before you start flagging these items with us.

For most people here, we know that things don't get done in a day and leave things to the next day.

I'm not sure where you are coming from or what your motives are, but coming onto a forum with nitpicking issues, prior to a job being completed, leave me wondering.

As for the leak, I doubt it is an issue with the hole left around the flue on an incomplete installation.

But wherever its coming from, if it not visible inside the cupboard, the cupboard will have to be removed.

Hi all, thank you for your response. I just wanted to get advise from the experts as a secondary opinion for the job that was being done by my engineer. I have no motives expect that I just want to make sure that I am not being fooled and not very technical when it comes to this type of things. It has costed me £3000 to have this installed which is a big amount for me so wanted the job to be completed so no issues leading to further costs.

The leak under the sink was identified by engineer. It was to do with high pressure from the main supply and the pipes started to drip. He has tightened something on the pipe and not seen the leak after that today. The gap around the flue exits was also sealed by the engineer - the boiler outlook doesn't look presentable as the previous ones was inside the cupboard and due to the size of the new boiler the cupboard had to be replaced which is understandable.

The main thing that concerns me is the water pressure from the mains to the pipes with the new setup means there could potentially be a leak in the future or even may be now inside the wall. The engineer has said that this can't be guaranteed but it is unlikely to happen.

My engineer was fantastic with his work overall, finished the job as best as he could or atleast is what I think now.

You need to take a chill pill bud it's not unusual to get a few teething problems when changing a system over , we would only be guessing as to what the leak relates to ? but it will be corrected the toilet inlet valve will need a restrictor to slow down the water entering the cistern. Kop

Reply to Gap around the hole flue exit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock