Discuss Gap around the hole flue exit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there

Quick question: I have installed a new boiler today. The engineer is foing ro back tomorrow.

The boiler is in the conservatory mounted on the wall. The flue pipes exit from top of the boiler through a round hole to outside the house.

There is a big gap around the hole and wondering if this is how it should be or should I ask him to plug the gap?

Also he has installed the gas pipe (gas meter to boiler) outside the house. Should I ask him to insulate or any put something on to protect from any kind of damage?

Thank you.

Any pictures of the boiler and hole ?

Nothing attached that I can see ?

Sorry try now...I am using my phone to upload

Attachments

• 20211006_205831.jpg
    20211006_205831.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 44
And outside ?

Thanks all.

Just waiting for the engineer to turn up now.

I haven't been outside yet to see how it looks - but I can see neighbours house through the hole from mine!
I will flag that up with him.

Also I have noticed there is water on the floor boards under the kitchen sink. This only started yesterday. The cabinet does not have leak in it so I am not sure what he did yesterday for this leak to appear - Any ideas?

Thank you

Thanks all,

I am waiting for the engineer to turn up.

I haven't been outside yet but I can see the neighbors house from inside and will flag that with him.

Also I have noticed there is a leak under the kitchen sink and only started yesterday. There is no water within the cabinet itself so I am not sure where the leak is coming from. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20211007_101435.jpg
    20211007_101435.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Gap around the hole flue exit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock