Discuss Flux inside or outside capillary end feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was taught by a old school guy who made me clean both pipe and fitting with wirewool and flux both pipe and fitting also. very very rare i get a poor joint or even a untidy joint, i use "no korode" flux i think its the same as the old uni flux, very sticky but good and doesnt rott pipe like the other stuff can, takes a little longer to clean fittings but its the way i was taught and im swear by it! but its all personal really people have there own methods for everything, i always give a system a good flush though due to fluxing inside the fittings :)

Flux should go inside the fitting and on the pipe. Twist the pipe as it's inserted into the fitting to distribute the flux evenly and use flux sparingly.

Pegler Yorkshire recommend this for Endex and Yorkshire soldered capillary fittings.

Pipe and fitting for me. Always have done but "they" say you should just do the pipe to prevent flux getting into the pipe. This is fine in theory but as said it gets in anyway. Just don't spread it on with a trowel.
Your choice of flux may be more important than where you put it.

which end of the flux brush do you all use to apply the flux ?

the hairy end or the round handle ?

Never used a flux brush ....... well i have and binned it/them. They apply far to much for my liking. Fingers (not really recommended) or the end of the solder for half inch and smaller. Never even as much as a nip in a cut but i'm probably immune to laco.

And don't forget to keep adding a little flux, as you solder, by dipping end of solder wire in flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux inside or outside capillary end feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock