Discuss Flushing toilet in morning - reoccurring problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

youandiare

Hi there

I have this reoccurring problem with our toilet

My wife gets up first and has a shower and uses the toilet and then go to bathroom and then do the same. However every time I use the toilet and flush it starts to trickle and flow with water and it takes quite a few strategic flushes (4 or 5) before it stops. I don't flush the toilet in any different way and we don't have this issue in the evenings after work.

Any idea on why this happens on the second flush? How can we fix this? It's a continual stress each morning worrying if the flush will stop flowing before I have to head off to work! Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Marky B

Is it push button it sounds like, just unscrew the push button a little on the cistern lid

your toilet flush will be a more complex version of this one
49303.jpg
the black rubber at the base is the flap which lets the water out or stops the toilet emptying.
when this gets slime on it then it makes the seal less effective. this causes lift in the water and allows it to empty when not required!.
another cause is rubber blisters preventing a tight seal.
twist the flusher a quarter a turn and inspect it.
also try it with the lid of for a day or two to check the actuater rod as previously said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flushing toilet in morning - reoccurring problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Evening all! Looking for a bit of help. Today my downstairs toilet gurgled when I put the tap on in the bathroom, The toilet filled and became...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock