Discuss Fixings question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Need to hang heavy mirror on plasterboard wall. Have heavy-duty anchor bolts but I don't want to use them to secure standard picture hooks as they don't seem strong enough. Anyone know of something up to the job?

Try hollow anchor fixings. If these are not heavy enough you will have to put a dwang/nogging that will support the weight.
Hollow Wall Anchor 5 x 52mm 8-16mm Pack of 10 - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Nothing unless his water pipes are were he is drilling for fixings. ;)

Wasn't what I meant. I have those but you can't safely hang the picture on the end of the screw. You should prob use them to fix a picture hook to the wall. But those things are quite flimsy. It's what I should use the anchor bolt to the wall that I'm unsure about...

The anchor bolts are for fixing into a solid wall, brick etc.
Not suitable for plasterboard. The hollow anchor fixings are stronger than you think.
what is the hanging attachment on the mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixings question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back