Discuss First fix pipes before screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
When laying out first fix pipes before the screed is laid how do you guys advise fixing the pipes ?
Ordinary pipe clips secured in concrete blocks between floor beams ? Or is there a recommended method ?
Thanks

Pipes shouldn't be laid in screed unless they are ducted or plastic pipe in pipe system. Pipe in pipe system nail clips. Copper standard clips.

Builder wants to just use felt lagging as that is what he has always done ! Pies will be laid for heating as well as hot/cold

walk away!

far far away

Doesn't comply with the water regulations regardless of what he's always done. Be wary as any comeback could be laid at your door.

Never use felt lagging in concrete or screed with copper pipes .. it gives off ammonia when wet which is fatal to copper might last a year if your lucky. Don't walk RUN!!!

copper will need to be covered in insulation tape minimium. Pipe in pipe would be a better option, especially for the hot and cold.

we use a bit of strapping to keep them down the galvanise strip with holes in sometimes called pattent band last few jobs theve plasted first and we had the rads to fix pipework to

if its only having water it the pipes, then use hep 20 or another brand of plastic barriered pipe as it doesnt react to the chemicals in the screed. also insulate them first with lagging then clip them down. laggin not only insultes the pipes but gives it room for slight expantion when covered in the screed and prevents cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fix pipes before screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock