Search the forum,

Discuss find out depth between two manhole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Matthew

i have two mh cover nd invert lvl nd i need to find out some depth between two manhole

dfgh.PNG

Very long clear hose fed between both and filled with water will give you the level of one, measure the difference or a surveyor's optical level.

dear gmartine

my question is need to find out some depth between two manhole

dear steveb

do u know that slope of pipe ? i mean which i attached above

Depth from manhole cover to invert are:- 4980 and 6280 . Difference on level of manhole covers 3000 minus 3070
Difference in level of inverts 6280 minus 4980 equals 1300. Less difference in cover level 070 equals 1230
Size of pipe 900mm, material GRP. Distance between manholes 156520
Slope off pipe :- 156520/1230 equals 1: 127 approx.
Slope of 1/127 is normal for pipe of this size. Dimensions in mm for clarity.

dear joni os

tnx for the info (Y)

is there any formula bro ?

Formula for slope is the distance between two points, measured horizontally, divided by difference in level, measured vertically. Always using same units of measurement. I suspect you are seeking a formula for something different. What is the nature of your intended works.

right now i'm taking qty of pipe length bro actually as per BOQ (bill of quantities) they need qty depth wise

for Exple

1. dia 1000 how many mtrs depth 0-3 nd 3-6 nd 6-9

2. dia 1200 how many mtrs depth 0-3 nd 3-6 nd 6-9

like this bro

Last edited by a moderator:
For estimating purpose- 4.980 is so close to 5 metres I would ignore the difference. This would give you :-
Length of pipe between 5 and 6 metres deep, equals 127 metre. Pro rata if B of Q has different splits.
Length of pipe between 6 and 6.3 metres deep (156.52 minus 127) equals 30 metres.
More accurate calculation :-
Difference on depth between both points 1.300 over distance of 156.52 metres. Slope of pipe relative to slope of ground 120:1 if B of Q splits depth at 300mm each 300mm will contain 36 metres of pipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to find out depth between two manhole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock