Discuss extend cooker hose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scaledup

Hello, can anyone tell if it is ok to use a wall plate adapter or maybe a straight coupler to connect 2 cooker hoses together, i need to raise the cooker up higher than the current hose will allow. thanks for any replies

Absolutely nothing to do with the Flexi family this time......you have my word on that!

Hello, can anyone tell if it is ok to use a wall plate adapter or maybe a straight coupler to connect 2 cooker hoses together, i need to raise the cooker up higher than the current hose will allow. thanks for any replies
unless you are planning on putting the cooker on the work top, I am working on the assumption that the hose is already fitted in the wrong place. you need to get someone to come round and reroute the gas point to an appropriate place (that is if what you are planning is sensible)
just out of interest how much higher are you hoping to go with the cooker?

i dont see where the hazard would be with connecting 2 hoses because they would be the same type of connections that the gas safety plumber used to connect the cooker anyway?

As you are not a Gas Safe registered engineer, any work that you carry out on your cooker's supply line and the cooker itself if live with gas is both illegal and highly dangerous.

The GSR has been introduced to promote safe practices and prevent the things that you are attempting to do from happening and contrary to what you might believe does not exist for engineers to have a moratorium on work and prices.

i dont see where the hazard would be with connecting 2 hoses because they would be the same type of connections that the gas safety plumber used to connect the cooker anyway?
what connections do you assume to be on each end of the hose??

You sound asthough you already have a few ideas how to achieve this scaledup. You see as is regular on here posters often only think about the job in hand and have no regard for the safety issues involved. I can instantly think of 10 things i would need to do after correctly repositioning the cooker hose all of which can lead to a dangerous situation.

As said by myself and simon get someone in.

unless you are planning on putting the cooker on the work top, I am working on the assumption that the hose is already fitted in the wrong place. you need to get someone to come round and reroute the gas point to an appropriate place (that is if what you are planning is sensible)
just out of interest how much higher are you hoping to go with the cooker?
I want to lift cooker about 17inches because its too low to get stuff out of the oven with my illness. Now im Thinking about moving cooker so it is closer to the actual gas pipe and i can just use the current cooker hose without even disconnecting it but i didnt want the cooker next to the sink

I want to lift cooker about 17inches because its too low to get stuff out of the oven with my illness. Now im Thinking about moving cooker so it is closer to the actual gas pipe and i can just use the current cooker hose without even disconnecting it but i didnt want the cooker next to the sink
how do you plan on using the hob?
might be better to look at getting a separate oven and hob and redesign slightly to make things work better for you.

You sound asthough you already have a few ideas how to achieve this scaledup. You see as is regular on here posters often only think about the job in hand and have no regard for the safety issues involved. I can instantly think of 10 things i would need to do after correctly repositioning the cooker hose all of which can lead to a dangerous situation.

As said by myself and simon get someone in.

I understand your concern about safety,hence me posting the original question i wont take any chances with safety or break the law so it looks like im just going to swap the cooker location with the fridge if the cooker hose is long enough.I had better pull the fridge out to measure the cooker hose

The hose length is designed to create a u shape when fitted correctly behind the cooker, without it touching the floor or coming under any strain. It is not designed for any other purpose and when its incorrectly installed and left under stress can quickly fail and cause you a major problem.

The hose length is designed to create a u shape when fitted correctly behind the cooker, without it touching the floor or coming under any strain. It is not designed for any other purpose and when its incorrectly installed and left under stress can quickly fail and cause you a major problem.
Is that for pasta or soup

Scaledup , may I suggest you try another forum as this clearly is not the site for you and no members will assist you in doing something so dangerous and illegal.

if you persist in ignoring the advice of getting a suitably qualified person in so be it but your account will be removed.

thanks bod

Unless you are 6ft 10" maybe you should read up on working at heights!

Lol...lifting the cooker by 17in would put hob level with my chest so it would be safe for me to use,but the multiple sclerosis is preventing me from using the oven safely. Il get the same engineer that connected the cooker for me to sort it

Lol...lifting the cooker by 17in would put hob level with my chest so it would be safe for me to use,but the multiple sclerosis is preventing me from using the oven safely. Il get the same engineer that connected the cooker for me to sort it

That would be the best idea mate. He should also be able to ensure the appliance is safely mounted too. I'm not sure how advanced your MS is but I would also advise the installation of adjacent grab handles rather than you hanging onto the cooker and pulling it down onto yourself.

Providing you get a gsr engineer in...'alls well what ends well' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to extend cooker hose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back