Discuss essex flange or surrey flange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey guys,
i have a job to install a bristan varispeed shower pump and was wondering which flange route to take. I know that essex flange is the preferred method by all shower pump manu's but wondered about the surrey flange for its ease of install......just wondered what route you guys choose.
cheers.

cant remember which is which but if the surrey replaces the male iron on the cylinder hot outlet i would fit that alot easier never had any issues doing it this way

I'd go for the surrey flange if it was me....it wont give or cause you any problems.

ive always steered clear of the surrey flange for some reason....i think someone once told me that summat could happen and run the cylinder dry and implode it!!!! it is a way easier way of doing things and if you guys have used them without problems i think i'll give it a whirl.
I must stop listening to some of the bs i hear out there!!! lol

I've used loads of them in the past & never had any probs at all, used a few Essex & not had any probs with these either, its just that Surrey are a whole lot easier & time saving to fit.

I've used loads of them in the past & never had any probs at all, used a few Essex & not had any probs with these either, its just that Surrey are a whole lot easier & time saving to fit.

any particular manufacturer mate, dont wanna get a cheap jobbie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to essex flange or surrey flange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock