Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Essential OIls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Wife returns from WI meeting and announces intent to produce essential oils with group of friends.
Eastern European lady has told her that in Poland any plumber could put together required apparatus.
Not wanting wife to transfer affection to Polish plumber any advice will be appreciated.

Do u intend to set up a mini steam plant , lol

ooooooooooooooooh errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that puts a different perspective on things.................

I was going to respond, but noticed its in the general forum.

It's an expensive hobby.

Linonene easy.

Buy pear shaped flask and a water cooled condenser - or get some work in secondary school chemistry lab,........

May I express my thanks for the help given in previous posts, and seek answer to further dilemma.
Differing views were presented at last coffee morning. There is general agreement the process starts with a steam generator and finishes with a condenser. One lady was adamant that an intervening vessel, which she calls a thumper is required, whilst the lady from Poland
says that a 50mm copper tube filled with pan scourers, extending to a height of 1 metre will ensure a fragrance of the highest purity.
Her culinary skills are good, pickled cabbage excellent and cherry brandy superb. Unfortunately the device she describes will not fit under the cooker hood.
Before I remove the cooker hood could someone confirm this is the right way to go.

May I express my thanks for the help given in previous posts, and seek answer to further dilemma.
Differing views were presented at last coffee morning. There is general agreement the process starts with a steam generator and finishes with a condenser. One lady was adamant that an intervening vessel, which she calls a thumper is required, whilst the lady from Poland
says that a 50mm copper tube filled with pan scourers, extending to a height of 1 metre will ensure a fragrance of the highest purity.
Her culinary skills are good, pickled cabbage excellent and cherry brandy superb. Unfortunately the device she describes will not fit under the cooker hood.
Before I remove the cooker hood could someone confirm this is the right way to go.

Sounds just like my mates Vodka Still.

best upgrade your house insurance before proceeding down this route

Can i suggest making some 5w50 fully synth. My van needs a change.
The only other essential oil i can think of is one that promotes rear parking

Can i suggest making some 5w50 fully synth. My van needs a change.
The only other essential oil i can think of is one that promotes rear parking

that took a while to fully comprehend, then I wish I hadnt bothered to comprehend it anyhow.........

Yeh it was lame. My appologies.
Tax man would probably chuckle

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to announce, problem solved without removal of cooker hood.
As September 16th is 100 years anniversary of WI all ladies want to be involved and one has free standing cooker that when pulled forward allows use of 4Kw wok ring. The vaulted ceiling of her kitchen also permits use of 25 litre boiling pot. From their cookery books they inform me that this will boil 15 litres of water in 30 minutes, putting to shame my initial purposal to use a 5 litre pressure cooker.
The quantities may seem excessive for a basket of rose petals or bucket of lavender heads but the Polish lady assures that when apples have ripened and wind falls plentiful, allowing skins to soak in own juice for 10 days prior to processing will produce a fragrance of delightful ambiance for dark winter's evening.
All are now busy, but if permitted, I will update once anniversary has past.

You rub my back, I'll rub yours.......

On a serious note......Why not just got to Bodyshop for oils?
Or the old fashioned way of sealing some lavender or mint leaves in a jar along with some extra virgin oil for a few weeks? Both of these methods sound an easier way to me haha

I probably shouldn't have commented.
I'm sure the WI may have something to say about me being a lady plumber, does it go against the grain of the WI? ... I can craft and flower arrange too though, so that must count for something surely! hehe

The WI will be happy with lady plumber, provided she gets equal pay. A cause for which they fought.

"Learn something new everyday"

Yeah, totally seditious. Once we ruled the world with cane and bowler hat.

The pan scrubbers are acting like a distillation column. Really u need trays. The packing medium must be inhert.

Thank you Ermintrude for helpful comment. The wife whose expertise is washing dishes assures that the pan scrubbers are stainless steel. There was even talk of Raschid Rings but I know even less about jewellery .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Essential OIls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock