Discuss Electrician moved Siemens controller and Gloworm boiler's gone haywire! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gromit

Hello all. I was having work done in my house and needed the central heating controller moving to make way for a new cupboard. The electrician moved the controller and also a fuse spur for the Glowrorm Ultracom SXi 2 boiler by only a few feet. Once re-connected the boiler occasionally works ok, but other times it shows S.02 (pre run pump) and other times S.07 (post run pump). The pump runs more or less constantly and the boiler only sometimes produces heat.

I've spoken to Siemens and they say the controlller only has four wires so if it fires up the boiler it couldnt have been done wrong. Electrician says he wired it up exactly as it was before. But I can't believe that this is a coincidence - boiler worked perfectly before, controller and boiler fuse spur is moved a couple of feet with new wire and all goes wrong. What could have caused this? Any ideas very welcome.

does your electrician understand how the boiler works .ie Perm live, swith live etc???

does your electrician understand how the boiler works .ie Perm live, swith live etc???

Thanks Mr Rjscan. Well I would have thought he would know about wiring for a boiler but I do wonder. Siemens who make the controller say that there are only four wires and that the controller couldn't affect the pump overrun. If this is correct could the switch live and permanent live be affected by the rewiring of the fuse spur?

check his wiring
double pole fused spur used to power controller and permanant live on boiler terminals output from controlletr to be connected to switched live on boiler neutrals and earths looped one to the other from spur

Check with multi meter
if this is done correctly, then you have a internal problem with boiler

Thank you very much for these pointers. Very decent of you to help. I've got Gloworm coming tomorrow to take a look because sparks can't do any more. I'll post once Gloworm has been and hope that there is a simple solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrician moved Siemens controller and Gloworm boiler's gone haywire! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100, installed about 17 years ago by a previous homeowner. It also is the boiler for hot water, so it runs all summer...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 and gledhill 250 indirect tank control options Hi, I am in the process of renovating an old farm house. I have been...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock