Discuss Easy Stat Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bizi

Morning i have a combi boiler installed (system about 10 years old) with an easystat wireless controller. I have always had it set on an auto programme which i have set to come on and off throughout the day if the temp drops below certain temps at certain times. I've never changed this programme and haven't had any problems until the last month or so...

I've noticed the heating seems to be coming on, even when the controller is showing a room temperature well above what it is set to kick in at. It came on in the middle of the night and seems to be in safety mode (on for 4 mins off for 9 mins) then later on in day it works fine . Could it be the timer is faulty, heating is coming on even though the house is mild.

I've tried new batteries, of different decent brands but seems to make no difference. As the controller says what it should (right minimum temp, and reasonable looking current room temp) can anyone suggest why the heating might be coming on when it shouldn't and if it will be a costly fix?

many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Easy Stat Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
E
I recently moved into a new property which has a gas boiler and: (1) A hot water tank - this is controlled by a Hive timer programmer (all good)...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock