Search the forum,

Discuss Dropping pipes through stud walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James05

First time on the forum and looking for a bit of advice. We have converted a large workshop area attached to our house and looking to plumb in the central heating. I'm planning to put in a flow and return system with 22mm main pipe and 15mm Spurs to the radiators. The main pipes will run above the suspended ceiling (concrete floors) and I,m looking to drop the Spurs down through the stud walls to the radiators which will be a drop of about 7' . My question is will the flow in to the radiators be ok with the main pipes being 7' above as usually the main pipes run below using convection to get the hot water to rise in to the radiator. Secondly as the pipe work will be up high should I put some bleed valves in to avoid air lock problems?
Hope someone out there can help.... Many thanks
James

Will be fine, I would be more worried about the boarders putting screws through them,

And yes I would fit some flamco auto air vents with full bore lever valves just below them

Run the main pipes above the ceiling with a very slight and consistent rise towards very point where you are putting tee offs for any bleeding points.
You might only need manual vents, especially if it is a sealed heating system. Once the air gets removed on initial fill up and running, it often will keep working

As above really just put air vents at highest point in accessible location and the rest should be fine, don't forget to either use drain off Lock shield valve or put a drain off at the lowest point on the pipework

There are going to be 6 new radiators and this will be on a separate zoned circuit going in to a new boiler that you'll be glad to hear I'm not attempting to put in myself. The plumber will be doing this. I'm going to put in the radiators to save a bit of money.

There are going to be 6 new radiators and this will be on a separate zoned circuit going in to a new boiler that you'll be glad to hear I'm not attempting to put in myself. The plumber will be doing this. I'm going to put in the radiators to save a bit of money.

if onto stud walls make sure there are timber where your fixing the brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dropping pipes through stud walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Newish house with radiators that have microbore pipe but on one of them the pipe is sticking up above the radiator which looks unsightly. Is it possible to push the excess pipe back into the wall? I'm worried about causing a leak.
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the radiator far too close to the shower. It is right next to the exit/entrace of the shower which seems unsafe as it could burn undressed people and just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock