Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling through Sandstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, I've got an outside tap to fit on Monday. It's a sandstone building. Anyone know the right size and type of drill bit. I have a standard 18mm 600 to 800mm in length masonry bit which I use with a Makita 18v hammer drill. Should I bring a transformer/generator and use a core gun with the correct attachments.

I don't want to turn up with the wrong tools for the job. Thanks

sds plus and the 800mm 18mm

Hi folks, I've got an outside tap to fit on Monday. It's a sandstone building. Anyone know the right size and type of drill bit. I have a standard 18mm 600 to 800mm in length masonry bit which I use with a Makita 18v hammer drill. Should I bring a transformer/generator and use a core gun with the correct attachments.

Use an sds drill and 24mm (800mm length) sds drill bit so you can sleeve your pipe, assuming it’s 15mm.

Sandstone is as soft as poo dont
worry as is limestone..chking

Use SDS bit but turn SDS off at least to start, as above sandstone is soft so you shouldnt need to go at it like a jack hammer. If you really need to turn it on do so after an inch or two in.

Don't know what I was worrying about. I even bought a 20mm x 1000 sds bit on the way. Quickest outside tap I've ever done. In and out in a hour. Perfect. Cheers for the advice troops.

Reply to Drilling through Sandstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock