Discuss drainage and soil testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What is the correct procedure for air testing underground drainage and soil stacks?

Bung bottom of stack in manhole bung top of stack either push u gauge hose through trap of toilet and blow and put on gauge or get a bung with a gauge and mini bellow attached .

I've always tended to water test bung top and bottom of stack flush toilets unroll fills bottom of stack and the water levels in the wc stays up

How long and what pressure is it tested to? I seem to remember a small drop was also allowed? I have all the kit to test it, I just cant for the life of me remember how I did it last time. I think it was test to 100mm on guage for an initial 5 mins and then another test?

Don't remember to invite along the council building inspector to witness it, right?? :)

Depends on drain material and diameter.
Will find it in SFA. Testing standards

Doc H 2.60 mate, although I've always bunged the top and bagged the bottom through the access and tested to the shallowest trap for 2mins, the building inspectors have always been happy with that.

Most of em only watch the water level for 30.seconds or so and say fine . Last one I did the inspector didn't even show phoned up and he said explain to me how you did it and said that's fine you know what your talking about and said he'd sign it off the following day when he was going to inspect a handrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to drainage and soil testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
Hi Floor in wet room is changing from vinyl flooring to tiles, floor will rise by about 13mm (tile and adhesive). The current drainage is 110mm...
Replies
Views
I need a quote to replace a soil stack ( cast ) in Leyton e10. The stack is already in plastic at the bottom. There also needs to be amendment to...
Replies
Views
Whilst messing about trying to find the location of my underground pipw leak, still ongoing, I decided to have a look at my drainage chamber. A...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Back