Discuss Domestic Central Heating controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

god55

Hello,
I am new to this site, this is my first post.
After 32 years of reliable service I have, within the last week, changed my gravity fed open vent boiler to a new Valliant 630 system boiler and S plan layout (Hot water plus 2 heating zones). I asked the plumber for a wireless programmer, boiler thermostat, and programmable room thermostats if/where possible. He did an excellent job (Would recommend to anyone in the Bristol area) and in accordance with my request installed Danfoss controls as follows. 1 x CET B-RF Wireless electrical hot water thermostat.
1 x RX3 Electronic radio-frequency receiver (3 channel). 2 x TP4000 Range Electronic programmable room thermostats. Although the system works well, unfortunately this does give me the control that I was looking for (Note I am NOT complaining about the plumber, if I chose to change these controls I will ask the same plumber to do it and pay accordingly). I would like daily control and perhaps holiday settings (Although holiday settings are not a big issue) The major issue I have with the Danfoss controls is that the room stats, the TP4000 Range, only permit a single 24 hour - 6 event cycle to be programmed (3 on 3 off). This means that the same room heating cycle will run SEVEN DAYS PER WEEK. I require a minimum of 6 event 5 days, plus 6 event 2 days, enabling us to programme the working week (Mon - Fri) plus a different programme for the weekend (Sat - Sun).
Does anyone know of a manufacture that markets such controls. If the only way I can get what I want is to have a wired programmer this would not be an issue, but the hot water cylinder and programmable room stats must be wireless.

Thanks in anticipation,
Garry

Yes, fitted one to my own house have a look at the honeywell site..... I'm sure danfoss will do one but as personal preference I prefer Honeywell. Good luck.

As you already have Danfoss kit, the sensible solution is a different Danfoss programmable stat. You can use either the TP5000RF Si (5/2 day, 6 switching events per day) or the TP7000RF (7 day or 5/2 day, 6 events per day).

Both of these will work with your existing RX3 receiver and you can buy the control on its own:

TP5000RF Si = Part No 087N791200, about £50-60

TP7000RF = Part No 087N741000 about £60-70

Thanks mark246.

Garry

As you already have Danfoss kit, the sensible solution is a different Danfoss programmable stat. You can use either the TP5000RF Si (5/2 day, 6 switching events per day) or the TP7000RF (7 day or 5/2 day, 6 events per day).

Both of these will work with your existing RX3 receiver and you can buy the control on its own:

TP5000RF Si = Part No 087N791200, about £50-60

TP7000RF = Part No 087N741000 about £60-70

Thanks,
I have instructed my plumber to supply and fit a pair of TP7000RF units. Very grateful for your help.

Garry

Last edited by a moderator:
i would ballance the sytem as well shut all the upstairs rads and open just enough to let water through

Thanks for the advice, I will get them to do this as well, although they may have done this last week when they fitted the boiler.

Many thanks (Can only assume that it's Steve).

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic Central Heating controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock