Search the forum,

Discuss Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick1974

404802_10150459448751606_674006605_9262116_1222746622_n.jpg

Re: Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupbo

hideous

Re: Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupbo

Very poor. :)

installed by the family pet

Who did that your next door neibourgh ?

it is installed correctly(i'm assuming it is but i cant tell what pipe is what) just looks awful, probably noisy with those plastic pipes moving about with the pump on though lol

On the plus side it must have been speedy.

noise .. its stomach wrenching

The pump will certainly test the grap rings on the fittings, just don't go on a long holiday unless it's in your own neighbourhood!
Looks like a diy installation, but we're all real plumbers on this forum, hence the negative comments.
Nice and white though.

Homebase competantly fitted this as a solution to an ongoing installation problem
they keep palming me off with quick fixes
they say that this is reasonable

Homebase competantly fitted this as a solution to an ongoing installation problem
they keep palming me off with quick fixes
they say that this is reasonable

and that was a quick fix, pipe is not clipped or supported any any way, pump looks not to be fixed to the floor whats stopping the pump moving round the floor and putting undue stress on the fitting and pipe ?

totally crap

my personal preferences are plastic pipe should be hidden from view at all times:p

Am I missing something? Since when have homebase had Plumbers?

Homebase....the retailer?

Or Homeserve?

What was the original problem?

Isnt hombase part of the sainsburys group????

Home Base
they renewed all our bathroom ensuite and cloakroom, the water pipes were crossed over and a hole was cut in the wall and another join installed the shower just dribbled out water slowly and the pipes rattled and creaked, this was their solution i dont know what else i can say to them really any advice would be greatly accepted

that's not very good at all did they not have any copper? i'm with gq plastic is for hiding not on show.

I also believe that in areas where traffic is present i.e people accessing cupboards and where items are stored such as towels etc, plastic is a liability as it isn't strong enough if something was to fall on it. Copper every time in a cylinder cupboard.

I think that Homebase subcontract their installation work so it can be hard for them to keep tabs on quality, even though they should with the prices they charge.

can u show us a pic of top of cylinder ?

LOL, you got a quality job there!

Home Base
they renewed all our bathroom ensuite and cloakroom, the water pipes were crossed over and a hole was cut in the wall and another join installed the shower just dribbled out water slowly and the pipes rattled and creaked, this was their solution i dont know what else i can say to them really any advice would be greatly accepted

I am surprised to hear this,think the same guy served me at one on their checkouts the other day and apart from him trying to charge me £52 instead of £ 5.20,the till roll getting stuck and wasting 1/2 of my time,trying to sell me a homebase super saver card,I was quite pleased with his attitude and over all service,mind you did hear the store manager say he would have to get the idiot off the tills,pleased to see he achieved his goal,good management that .

:49::49:

DSC_0354.jpgthis is the cylinder

bad job, the draw off for the hot water should be into the tank

was i wrong then in telling him impolitely to just get out of my house and leave now before he does anymore damage ??

takeoff for pump from cyl is not ideal, this could/will cause cavitation in pump and more noise

soz simon f never read your post :)

so what pipe is the hot feed taken from? it should be taken from the top of, or as near as possible, the hot cylinder. what about the cold feed? seems to come out of the floor.

was i wrong then in telling him impolitely to just get out of my house and leave now before he does anymore damage ??
no. where are you maybe someone on here is near you and can come to give advice. always better to see in person rather than photos.

i was told that the feed for the immersion heater was draining on the shower feed ??
hence why the shower which is a mixer bar just dribbled out slowly after being installed
so he installed some pipework from the tank and fitted that pump to improve the shower

ashford kent

nick1974, my advice would be for you to pay for the services of an independent inspector, i.e contact a reputable local plumbing firm and get them to do a written survey. Be upfront with this company and tell them what the survey is being used for. Money spent on this will be reimbursed if your claim succeeds. Money well spent in my opinion and achieved in a proper, professional manner.

thanks for that system3 i will look somebody up and get them out

correct...!

Your new bar shower was only trickling because they are meant for high pressure systems. Yours is low pressure (tank fed) so would never have worked without a pump.
The cold for the shower taken from the feed to the hot tank would not have made any difference on a gravity shower but it would make the pump cavitate so had to be changed.

If you are not happy get back onto them but you will either still need the pump or a different shower valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock